What does it mean to be “the friend of God”?
Though he lived in a world at enmity with God, Abraham modelled an enviable walk of faith. When told to go, he went. When promised, he believed. When commanded, he obeyed—even when it cut cross-grained against his culture . . . and often when it seemed to make no sense at all. Abraham wasn’t “the friend of God” (James 2:23) because of his intellect, his pedigree, or his fortune. Abraham was God’s friend because of his faith.
Follow the great Patriarch on his epic adventure in the Abraham: One Nomad’s Amazing Journey of Faith series, and be challenged to answer life-changing questions for yourself:
- Is God calling me to do something radical?
- Which of God’s promises apply to me?
- How can I lead my family in this godless world?
As you witness a weak and imperfect man’s transformation into a hero of the faith, you’ll be warned by his failures and inspired by his trust . . . and you’ll learn what it really means to be a “friend of God.”
Messages in this series:
- A Patriarch in Panorama
- Going . . . Not Knowing
- Never-to-Be-Forgotten Promises
- When the Faithful Fail
- A Decision That Led to a Disaster
- Abraham, the Greathearted
- Can We Talk?
- Running ahead of God
- Deepening Our Roots with God
- One of Those Upper-Downer Days
- What Happens When We Pray?
- When the Cesspool Overflows
- A Wail of Two Cities
- Overcoming Depravity’s Dangerous Undertow
- Disobedience Déjà Vu
- It’s a Boy!
- Forgiven Sin . . . Lingering Consequences
- When God Says, “Let Go!”
- The Pleasures of Passing God’s Exams
- On Finding Your Lifelong Companion
- What a Way to Go!
- Portrait of a Hero . . . Warts and Everything
Product Code: ABE2MNG/ABE2DNG
Download the complete set of Searching the Scriptures studies for this series.
See all products for this series.
“Be Still, My Soul” arrangement by Priscilla Murphy, Copyright © 2012 by Priscilla Murphy
“Holy Is He” lyrics by Claire Cloninger, music by David T. Clydesdale, copyrighted in 1985 by New Spring Publishing Inc., Rowdy’s Groove Music, and Word Music.
“Amazing Grace” arrangement by Paul Thompson, Copyright © 2013 by Stonebriar Community Church
“Into Jerusalem” words by Susan Kay Fair, music by A. Steven Taranto, Arrangement copyright © 1996 by Choristers Guild.
All rights are reserved worldwide.