Trace the finger of God
On the last night of Jesus’s life on earth, He established a principle that has endured in the life of the church from the first century to the present day—the world that persecuted Him would likewise persecute His followers (John 15:20). And so it has been; from that day until this, men and women of faith have suffered and given their lives for the cause of Jesus Christ. It is our history as a church, a history wrought with controversy, conflict, and persecution. But it is also a history of triumph, faith, and community. Ours is a 2000-year-old history, rich in tradition and doctrine and filled with intriguing characters—saints and sinners—who’ve written the story that is the church.
To study the story of Christ’s church is to trace the finger of God across the timeline of human history.
- A Mighty Fortress: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- A Tradition You Can Trust Michael J. Svigel
- Are There “Lost” Scriptures? Michael J. Svigel
- Bible Wannabes Michael J. Svigel
- Did a Council of Bishops Vote on Your Bible? Michael J. Svigel
- Did a Unified Church Develop from Diversity and Conflict? Michael J. Svigel
- Did Constantine Declare Jesus to Be “God” in AD 325? Michael J. Svigel
- Discovering the Gates of Hades Derrick G. Jeter
- God IS Fulfilling the Great Commission! Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Heroes of the Ancient Church Michael J. Svigel