Shepherd your flock
Pastors and politicians have more in common than either will admit in polite company, but there is one thing both readily agree on—to serve in government or pastor a church requires a thick skin. The difference, however, is the pastor must also have a soft heart for the Word of God and for the needs of the congregation. And because pastors work with the spiritual needs of people, they are bound to come under criticism. Toughening up without becoming callous is a tricky balance to find and maintain.
Pastoral work is not for the faint of heart. Insight for Living understands this and is grateful to those who answer the high calling of the pastorate. By providing pastoral resources, we’re committed to encouraging pastors in their pursuit of developing a tough hide and a soft heart.
- A Conversation with Chuck Swindoll Charles R. Swindoll
- A Mentor Charles R. Swindoll
- A Shepherd’s Heart Charles R. Swindoll
- A Tough Assignment Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- A Weekly Furlough for Your Pastor Derrick G. Jeter
- Analysis of a Courtroom Fiasco Insight for Living
- Breaking Point: One Pastor’s Story of Pain, Porn, Addiction, and Redemption Darrell Brazell
- Cultivating a Tender Heart and a Tough Hide Charles R. Swindoll
- Delegate the Workload Charles R. Swindoll
- Easy Ways to Help a Family in Need Colleen Swindoll-Thompson