Turn turmoil into tranquility
When you’ve had a stressful day at work, usually a brisk walk or some soothing music suffices to help put your mind at ease. But ongoing anxiety about the future or a pressing concern is not so easily dismissed. In some cases, engrained feelings of worry and fear reflect years of coping techniques and deeply embedded ancestral patterns.
Somers Roche once said, “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear, trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” That’s why such habits are not conquered overnight. Thankfully, the Spirit of God transforms our minds as we willingly submit to God’s Word.
As Corrie ten Boom so wisely said, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrows; it empties today of strength.” Our hope is that these resources will return strength to your present outlook and offer genuine hope to you as you seek God’s help in transforming your anxious thoughts into confident living.
- 30 Days to Handling Your FearsSteve Johnson
- Don’t Be Afraid . . . It’s Just Your FuturePastor Chuck Swindoll
- How Can I Deal with My Fear?Biblical Counselling Ministry
- How Do I Overcome Anxiety?Biblical Counselling Ministry
- How Does the Death of Jesus Save Me?Insight for Living
- Not Alone: Drawing Near to Christ in a Socially Distant WorldPastor Chuck Swindoll
- Out of the ShadowsTerry Boyle
- That Subtle SinPastor Chuck Swindoll