Love as Christ loved us
Jesus told His disciples to love one another “as I have loved you” (John 13:34). That wouldn’t be so hard if the love Jesus displayed was primarily the write-a-check or call-once-a-month kind of love. But Jesus set the bar immeasurably high. Jesus’s kind of love touched the skin of a leper and washed the feet of a soon-to-be betrayer. He didn’t mind interruption by another’s demands, even those of a person all others disdained. Jesus had the uncanny ability to look straight into a person’s soul to see the deepest need there.
Is that an impossible example to follow? You bet it is! That’s why God sent the Holy Spirit to live inside us and empower us with His supernatural love. Only when “plugged in” to that power will His followers stand out in their treatment of others and of one another. Then people will take notice and say, “My, how they love one another!” Let these resources set you on the path of loving with the Savior’s love.
- A Month for Love Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Hope Beyond Failure Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- How Do I Respond to Someone Who Has Hurt Me? Biblical Counselling Ministry
- How Does the Death of Jesus Save Me? Insight for Living
- It’s Time to Embrace Grace by Embracing the Unlovely Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Love Offers a Place to Unload Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Love without a Net Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Needed Today: A Ministry of Encouragement Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Sins That Stifle Love and Unity Michael J. Svigel
- Tenderness Pastor Chuck Swindoll