Pursue the Great I AM
If a complete stranger asked if he could borrow your car for a few hours, you’d probably say no. But you would surely say yes if a close friend made the same request. We can only put our full trust in someone we’ve come to know well. That’s one reason why the study of God’s attributes is vitally important to the believer. To know Him is to trust Him. To know Him is to worship Him.
Although we can learn much by studying each of His qualities, don’t expect them all to fit together easily as if you’re piecing together a puzzle. Does God’s love fit easily next to His wrath? Does His justice fit nicely with His grace? Never cease learning more about our exalted, mighty God; just leave room for mysterious words like unsearchable and unfathomable.
- A Mighty Fortress: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Asking Why Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Does God Hate? Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Everything Is Under Control Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- God Knows Your Ways Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- How Much Proof Is Enough Proof? Terry Boyle
- Is God Really in Control? Insight for Living
- Not Alone: Drawing Near to Christ in a Socially Distant World Pastor Chuck Swindoll
- Seeing Above the Clouds Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- The Eternal I AM Pastor Chuck Swindoll