Encouraging Individuals, Equipping Families
Change in life can be extremely difficult. Change challenges us because it conflicts with what we wanted, or planned, in the fabric of our lives. Some changes cause us to adapt or adjust in little ways; others alter the course of the rest of our days. Autism. Cancer. Chronic depression or pain. Mental and emotional disabilities. Loss of a limb or paralysis. Aging needs. Care-giving demands. Each of these—and more—affect the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual condition of everyone in the family. The grief is unsearchable, the losses are immeasurable, and the stress and loneliness are unknowable.
But there is hope.
The path of suffering often transforms people’s souls when they are supported by fellow Christians. Jesus touched those who were suffering, attended to the disfigured and discarded, cared for the rejected, and accepted the different. As followers of Christ, we long to imitate Him.
Insight for Living’s Special Needs Ministries is really about bringing hope to those whose lives have been turned upside-down. We desire to educate people about disabling conditions, to equip pastors, churches, and families with tools to serve those with special needs, and to offer encouragement and empowerment to those in need.
- “Believe”: Sometimes Found in Stars over the Porch Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- “Lord, Are You Sure?” Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- A Possible Revolution Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- A Tough Assignment Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- An Advocate Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Attitude Check Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Back Door Blessing Charles R. Swindoll
- Back to School Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Battle of the Will Colleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Becoming Real Colleen Swindoll-Thompson